Attorney General Denise George today has announced measures put in place to safeguard the public and Department of Justice (DOJ) employees from potential exposure to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
DOJ facilities on both St. Thomas and St. Croix are closed to the public and will not conduct person-to-person services until further notice. The Department of Justice’s four facilities that have been closed to the public are:
Office of the Attorney General, GERS Building, 2nd floor, St. Thomas
Office of the Attorney General, 213 Estate La Reine, St. Croix,
Division of Paternity and Child Support, 2nd floor of Nisky Shopping Center, St. Thomas
Division of Paternity and Child Support, 3018 Estate Orange Grove, St. Croix
The following services will be provided electronically or telephonically in the following manner:
- Administrative claims – Persons who would like to file administrative claims can download and print the claim forms from the DOJ website or can email AAG Ariel Smith, chief of the Civil Division, St. Thomas: Ariel.firstname.lastname@example.org, or they can call 774-5666 ext. 10155.
For questions regarding pending criminal cases, please contact AAG Eugene Connor, acting chief of the Criminal Division, St. Thomas at Eugene.email@example.com or 774-5666 ext. 10168 or contact AAG Eric Chancellor, chief of the Criminal Division, St. Croix, at Eric.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-0295 ext. 20219.
- Criminal misdemeanor complaints – Persons may file criminal complaints for prosecution based on VIPD police reports via email and telephone. Please contact Delyn Willett, criminal complaint intake officer: Delyn.email@example.com or 774-5666 ext. 10172.
- Requests for financial/white collar/corruption investigations can be filed via email and telephone. Please contact William Curtis, special Investigations Division director, at William.Curtis@doj.vi.gov or 774-5666 ext. 10351.
- Sex Offender Registry – Sex offenders who are residing, employed, or attending school in the territory and need to register or update their information must do so telephonically or via email. Please contact Shani Pinney, Territorial Sex Offender Registry Program manager: Shani.firstname.lastname@example.org or 774-5666 ext. 10191/ 714-9645 or Inais Borque, Territorial Sex Offender Registry coordinator, at Inais.email@example.com or call 773-0295 ext. 20250. Offenders must understand that failure to comply with these obligations will subject them to prosecution for failure to register.
- Paternity and Child support Division – Filing of new complaints and all hearings are suspended until further notice.
Customers are encouraged to utilize the following contact information:
Telephone: 775-3070; Fax: 775-3808
Mailing Address: Department of Justice, Paternity and Child Support Division, 8000 Nisky Shopping Center, Suite 500, 2nd floor, St. Thomas, V.I. 00802-5844; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 778-5958; Fax: 779-3800
Mailing Address: Department of Justice, Paternity and Child Support Division, 3018 Estate Orange Grove, Suite 4, Christiansted, V.I. 00820; email: email@example.com
This limited service will remain in place at the V.I. Department of Justice until further notice.
Original Source: https://stjohnsource.com/2020/03/24/vi-department-of-justice-closes-facilities-to-the-public/