June 2nd is Mongoose Junction’s Final “First Friday” Event Of The Season, featuring the Love City Pan Dragons.
ST JOHN, USVI, May 29, 2017 – This Friday, June 2nd, the Mongoose Junction Merchants Association presents the final “First Friday” arts & culture event of the season. The event will feature live music, unique artists & art exhibits, cultural performances, sale specials, and more, from 6 pm to 9 pm. This month’s event will be the last until the fall season begins.
This month’s features include:
- Love City Pan Dragons will play from 6 to 7 pm. The Pan Dragons are St John’s only community steel orchestra. Founded 25 years ago as an after school program, the Pan Dragons are still going strong, performing year-round, and now expanded to welcome players of all ages.
- “Broheem With Love” will play from 7 to 9 pm, featuring Broheem on saxophone and vocals by Pamela Love.
- Bajo El Sol will host the opening of “In The Garden Of Your Mind : An Exhibition For The Young And Young At Heart”. The exhibition will feature children’s books, limited edition prints, original illustrations, mosaics, sculptures, and paintings by David Hill, Lisa Parfitt, Kat Stephens, Alexia St John, and Mandy Thody. The exhibition hopes to delight the inner child in all of us and to remind us of Pablo Picasso’s words “that every child is a born artist, the problem is how to remain one once we grow up”.
- Bamboula will offer 10% off all wall art, both original Caribbean paintings and iron wall art. Carolyn Roust of Magic Tree Designs will also be on hand from 5 to 7 pm creating custom henna body art.
- Cooper Penn will be performing as a Mocko Jumbie. He has recently returned from Cuba where he was invited to perform this unique Caribbean art form.
- Caravan Gallery will feature the clay work of seven year old Audie Weaver. He enjoys making wavy patterns, inspired by the water of St John, and donates $1.00 from the sale of each pendant to the International Fund for Animal Welfare. This inspiring young artist will be at Caravan on Friday evening.
- Ocean Grill will feature the work of artist Patty Tacquard. For reservations, please call (340)693-3304.
- The St. John Brewers’ Tap Room will be offering discounted dinner specials and showcasing new menu items. Their much loved Coffee Stout will also be making its return on draft Friday evening, and will be paired with a homemade dessert special. Also, the Brewtique will offer a free 6 pack with the purchase of 3 hats or shirts.
If you’d like more information about Mongoose Junction, First Friday, the Mongoose Junction Merchants Association, or any of the individual merchants or activities, please contact Meaghan Enright: firstname.lastname@example.org or (804)337-5314. Additional information about Mongoose Junction’s shops and history can also be found at www.mongoosejunctionstjohn.com.