The 19th Elected Virgin Islands Board of Education will convene a Regular Board Meeting via video conference at 1:30 p.m., Friday, June 28, and will continue at 10 a.m., Saturday, June 29. Both meetings will be held in board of education offices located at No. 6 King Street, Christiansted, St. Croix and 60B Dronningens Gade, St. Thomas. The board may go into executive session at any time during the meeting to discuss certain matters as permitted or required by the Virgin Islands law.
For more information, contact the V.I. Board of Education offices on St. Croix at 772-4144 or on St. Thomas at 774-4546.
The Virgin Islands Board of Education is committed to its vision and will promote the transformation of the structure of existing public education through:
1. governance over the public education system;
2. improved student, parent, teacher relationship;
3. comprehensive community engagement;
4. standards that promote high academic achievement;
5. creation of an environment that is conducive to effective communication;
6. enhanced quality of professional
development for all;
7. provision of adequate resources to achieve our vision, goals and objectives.
Vision Statement: To ensure that each child is provided with the best quality education that promotes V.I. history and culture, guarantees academic achievement and builds strong communities
Original Source: https://stjohnsource.com/2019/06/28/board-of-education-to-convene-regular-board-meeting/