Pursuant to Virgin Islands law, the last day to register to vote is Saturday, Oct. 7, for the 2018 General Election scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 6. To accommodate the influx of prospective voters, the Elections System of the Virgin Islands will be extending voter registration hours from Wednesday, Oct. 3, to Sunday, Oct. 7.
Prospective voters are asked to utilize these extended hours to register to vote if they are unable to register during the normal hours. Electors will also be able to change their address or party affiliation during these extended hours.
Please come prepared with the required documents to register to vote (Please see information below for what is required to vote).
For more information, contact the Elections Office: on St. Croix–773-1021, St. Thomas–774-3107 or St. John–776-6535.
Elections System of the Virgin Islands Locations:
The Marketplace Third Floor – Rooms 102 A&B, St. John
9200 Lockhart Garden, St. Thomas
Extended Dates and Times
Wednesday, Oct. 3, from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 4, from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 5, from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 6, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 7, from noon to 2 p.m.
Requirements to Register to Vote in the Virgin Islands
1. Must be a citizen of the United States
2. Must be 18 years of age or turn 18 before the next election
3. Must meet the residency requirement
4. Must be residing in the territory at least 90 days before a primary or general election
5. Must be residing in the election district at least 90 days
6. Not be a convicted felon who has not been discharged or pardoned
7. Not have been adjudged mentally incompetent as to your ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction
8. Not to be registered elsewhere – in any other state or territory of the United States or in any foreign country or other election district
What Documents Are Required for Registration:
A) Birth certificate or
B) Passport (United States) or
C) Military Discharge for DD214 or
D) Naturalization Certificate
** copied documents will not be accepted