The Virgin Islands Department of Education, St. Thomas-St. John District Office of the Insular Superintendent has announced the early dismissal of schools in the district on Thursday, Feb. 21, to allow teachers to attend professional development workshops.
Lunch will be served before students are released; buses will be dispatched to schools to transport students to their normal drop-off locations. Parents are asked to ensure students are properly supervised following dismissals.
The following schools will release their students three hours before their normal ending time:
1. Jane E. Tuitt Primary School
2. Joseph Sibilly Elementary School
3. Julius E. Sprauve School
4. Leonard Dober Elementary School
5. Lockhart Elementary School
6. Ulla F. Muller Elementary School
7. Yvonne E. Milliner Bowsky Elementary School
8. Addelita Cancryn Jr. High School
9. Charlotte Amalie High School
10. Ivanna Eudora Kean High School
Joseph Gomez Elementary School and Bertha C. Boschulte Middle School will not have an early dismissal.
Original Source: https://stjohnsource.com/2019/02/21/alert-most-district-school-to-dismiss-early-on-feb-21/